Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blog 5

Looking back at this semester, I see that I was very optimistic about what we we're learning and how we were approaching it (through open dialogue and constant feedback). However, as the semester progressed I became increasingly more frustrated with the assignments and the class. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it, it's quite the contrary. It was the idea that even though class was informative, it was taking time away from work time. I feel as though I put too much thought into the papers, expecting too much to be accomplished by them. I dug myself in too deep. That's pretty much the whole shebang. I plan too much for the time allotted to me. I feel as the semester went on my writing got worse due to my push for more complex ideas and papers. If I were to take this class over (hopefully I don't have to), I would pick simpler topics, spend more time on quality than quantity, and stop forgetting these blogs and the digital dropboxes. In one respect, I wish I could have done much better, but in another respect, I don't see how I could have done better than I did. I gave this class everything I could and in some sense I'll be proud of anything I eventually get out of constantly forgetting the small procedures that have hindered my success in this class. I think this class may have temporarily diminished any desire I've had for writing but I has helped me articulate my observations more clearly, which is incredibly useful as a Fine Arts student. I think this class will inspire me to keep a journal in collaboration with my sketchbooks in a way that links the two subjects and ideas of expression together. Thinking about my in class writing assignment on the first day, that's all I really wanted out of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment